Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Top 10 Anticipated Summer Movies 2013

With the release of Iron man 3, today official starts the summer movie season (although it is not quite summer yet). As is usually the case, we have a number of 'big' movies on tap- especially in the sequel category. I give you the 10 I am most looking forward to.


 10. The Internship (June 7)

Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson were great together in Wedding Crashers, so I am excited to seem them together again playing interns amongst the young up-and-comers at Google. 







 9. The World's End (August 23)

The combination of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost has been comedy gold over the years with Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and the TV series Spaced. I'm interested to see where they take the end of the world scenario.






8. The Great Gatsby (May 10)

I was supposed to read the book in high school, but didn't accomplish that feat; so I'm not real familiar with the story. But the cast is superb- with Leo DiCaprio, Toby MacGuire and Carey Mulligan- and the trailers have drawn me in.






7. Pacific Rim (July 12)

Giant robots versus giant alien monsters from beneath the sea....what's not to like? I do have my doubts about this one, but Guillermo del Toro knows his monsters, so I'm sure it will be a fun time. Plus Charlie Day makes an appearance.






6. The Way, Way Back (July 5)

This one looks like it could be along the same lines as Adventureland, which was great. It is from the creators of Little Miss Sunshine, so that is a plus as well. Sam Rockwell is awesome, and it will be cool to see Steve Carrell as the 'bad guy.'






5. Man of Steel (June 14)

I'm really interested to see what Zack Snyder does with the Superman story. Watchmen and 300 were pretty great comic book adaptations, so I'm expecting big things here too. From all I have heard so far, this movie is going to rock.






4. The Hangover III (May 24)

The wolf pack is back for another round. I really hope this one lives up to the first one; judging by the trailer, it has potential too. I think most agree that Part II just wasn't very good. It will be nice to see the guys return to Vegas. 







3. Monsters University (June 21)

I loved Monsters, Inc. and now we get to see how Sulley and Mike met- at college. I'm really excited Pixar is adding to the Monsters, Inc. story. They are as close as a sure-hit as there is in the movie biz.







2. Iron Man 3 (May 3)

Early buzz is that this is the best Iron Man movie in the series. I'm a huge fan of the first, and the I thought the second was better than most people seem to have. Robert Downey, Jr. is perfect for this role. We have officially kicked off Marvel's Phase Two. 






1. Star Trek Into Darkness (May 17)

I was always more of a Star Wars guy, but J.J. Abram's Star Trek blew me away. The one thing that movie lacked was a strong villain, but it looks like we are going to get one with Benedict Cumberbatch. Should be an awesome trip back to space.






Other notable release:  This is the End (June 14), The Conjuring (July 19), The Wolverine (July 26), 300: Rise of an Empire (August 2), Elysium (August 9), Kick-Ass 2 (August 16).

Source: FilmAffinity

No comments:

Post a Comment