Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Top 10 Worst Shark Movies

In honor of Shark Week I wanted to put a list of my Top 10 Shark movies together, but aside from Jaws and Jaws II, there aren't many good ones. There are, however, a lot of bad ones. Thank you SyFy.


10. Dark Tide (2012)- 3/10
 
A year after her partner was killed by a great white shark, a professional diver (Halle Berry) returns to the water after a wealthy man pays her to dive with the great whites. 







9. Sharknado (2013)- 2/10
 
A freak hurricane hits Los Angeles, scooping up sharks in water spouts and carrying them inland.








8. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (2009)- 2/10
 
Two prehistoric sea creatures are freed from their icy grave and re-engage in battle along the California coast. 
7. Creature (1998)- 2/10
 
A marine biologist (Craig T. Nelson) tries to stop a shark-like creature that is terrorizing a secret military base and the island it is located on. 
6. Megalodon (2002)- 2/10
 
A deep-sea drilling operation frees a sixty-foot prehistoric shark- the Megalodon. 








5. Malibu Shark Attack (2009)- 2/10
 
A hunting pack of prehistoric goblin sharks terrorize lifeguards in their half sunken lifeguard stand after a tsunami floods Malibu. 
4. Dinoshark (2010)- 2/10

A dinoshark is freed from a glacier, thanks to global warming, and begins killing tourists and locals in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.








3. Sharktopus (2010)- 2/10
 
A military created half-shark, half-octopus creature escapes and brings terror along the coast of Mexico.








2. Two-headed Shark Attack (2012)- 2/10
 
A two-headed shark sinks a Semester at Sea ship and goes after the survivors that escaped to a deserted atoll. 
1. Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (2002)- 1/10

Two researchers discover that the Megalodon is still alive in Mexican waters, and is feeding on anything that crosses its path. 









Source: IMDB
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information buy dvd ash vs evil dead season 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. buy dvd shetland season 4

    ReplyDelete