Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Trailer of the Week: 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)



The first trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire hit yesterday. I don't think there is really a reason for a sequel to 300, but this one looks like it could be fun. There appears to be a lot of action much in the same style as the first. I get it is necessary for marketing purposes, but the use of 300 in the name throws me off a bit. The story of the '300' ended with the first movie. I guess they did set the stage for the battle we will see between the Persian Empire and the Greeks.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Sullivan Stapelton who will be playing who appears to be the lead character Themistocles- just Animal Kingdom and the recent Gangster Squad- but I wasn't all too familiar with Gerard Butler when 300 came out. A few of the cast members are back, including Lena Headley and Rodrigo Santoro as the rather tall Xerxes- who appears to have an increased role this go round. It is also nice to see Eva Green added to the cast.

There is potential for a flop here, but it is on my early list of anticipated movies for next year.

Source: YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment