Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

From the Big Screen to the Small Screen

It has been commonplace lately for Hollywood to take a popular TV series and turn it into a movie- 21 Jump Street, Dark Shadows, The A-Team- but now we are seeing things move the other direction.



Earlier this week it was reported that Fox has ordered a pilot episode for a potential The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series. The movie was somewhat disappointing, but I could see it being an entertaining series. With that announcement I now count 5 upcoming TV series that first graced the big screen. These are just the ones I am aware of.

In addition to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, there is Hannibal that just finished airing; which of course is about Dr. Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lambs. The series is actually more like the prequel to Lambs, Red Dragon- based on the novel by the same name.



The other 3 are set to air this fall- Dracula, Sleepy Hollow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nothing too new with Dracula- vampires are quite popular on the small screen these days. The Sleepy Hollow series looks interesting with Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman waking up in modern times. But the series I am most looking forward to is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D featuring Agent Coulson from the Marvel movies. It won't be focused on The Avengers, and it is not likely Downey, Jr. will be making any appearances, but it should be full of fun easter eggs.


Source: IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment