Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekly Recap: Feb 24- Mar 2, 2013

A recap of the movies I watched for this first time this past week.

Featured:


Flight (2012)- 7/10

I have not seen many scenes that were more intense than the plane crash scene. It was brilliantly done, and had me sweating while watching. Denzel was great as always; he definitely deserved his Oscar nom. About half way through the movie I was thinking it was going to be a solid 8/10, but it slowed down as it moved to the end. Not that the second half is bad by any means, but just not great. It's worth watching for Denzel's performance and that awesome crash scene.




The Rest:

Repo Men (2010)- 4/10- I just never really got into this one. If you like blood, you will like this one. It is definitely not for the squeamish.

Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur (2011)- 4/10- They really screwed up Shaggy's character in this one. The direct to DVD Scooby-Doo! series isn't great to begin with, but this one was disappointing.


Movies watched this week: 3
Movies watched in 2013: 33


Source: FilmAffinity

No comments:

Post a Comment