Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Comedy Sequels

There has been a lot of news about comedy sequels in the last few weeks. Of course nowadays Hollywood is making a sequel for every movie that makes a little money. But there are 3 that I am especially excited about.

The one I am probably most excited for is the announced sequel to Hot Tub Time Machine. I am a huge fan of this movie- it is the best comedy I have seen in recent years. So far most of the cast is on board, but no confirmation that John Cusack will be back. Although I am excited to see where they take this story with a second film, it will not be the same without Cusack. The rest of the cast was great- with Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Rob Corddry (Motley Lue!)- but Cusack needs to return.

Yesterday I read that the Broken Lizard boys are finally moving forward with a sequel to Super Troopers; another great one! Most of Broken Lizard's filmography is pretty entertaining, but none top the Spurbury Highway Patrolmen. Car Ram-Rod is back! And weren't we supposed to get a sequel to Beerfest? Maybe that is next on their list. 

Today there was news on the upcoming Nation Lampoon's Vacation sequel, more like spin-off, staring Ed Helms as Rusty.  Helms will now be the 5th Rusty in the series. This one will probably have less of Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo, but I am sure they will make an appearance. The good news of the day is the new Griswolds family will be returning to Wally World! A Vacation without Chase could ruin the franchise, but I think Helms is funny enough to continue it on.
 



Source: Joblo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment