Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Top 10 Green Movie Characters

With St. Patrick's Day coming up this weekend, I have decided to share my favorite green movie characters.


Honorable Mention: Greedo, Godzilla, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Rex



10. Shrek (The Shrek Franchise)

Not the prettiest character, but this lovable Ogre, voiced by Mike Myers, brings the funny in this family franchise.









9. Jabba the Hutt (The Star Wars Saga)

Speaking of ugly characters, this overgrown tadpole has to be the ugliest character in the Star Wars' universe; and that is saying something.









8. The Grinch (How the Grinch Stole Christmas!)

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch." He is THE classic Christmas villain. I wasn't a big fan of Jim Carrey's version though.










7. Hulk (Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers)

Although he has been played by 3 different characters in his recent movies, it is the big green guy we care about- not what he looks like in human form.








6. Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz)

"I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too." She really hated that dog. I haven't seen the new Oz yet, but I doubt the 'new' Wicked Witch will live up to the original.








5. Mike Wazowski (Monsters, Inc., Monsters University)

I can't wait for Monsters University to come out so we can see Mike (Billy Crystal) and the Monsters back in action.








4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I-III, TMNT)

Go Ninja, go ninja, go! Giant fighting turtles who are obsessed with pizza- who thinks this stuff up? It should come as no surprise that we are getting a Turtles reboot soon.







 3. Frankenstein's Monster (Frankenstein, Monster Squad, Van Helsing)

He is not always portrayed as green (in the really good ones he is black and white) but he makes the list anyways.  There are too many movies to list, so I included my faves.





2. Slimer (Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2)

That is a lot of hot dogs- watch out Joey Chestnut, this one hungry ghost. Every time we see him he is eating.







1. Yoda (The Star Wars Saga)

Was there really any question? Master Yoda is the greatest green character of all time. I prefer the puppet from the original trilogy, but it was cool to see him in fighting action.











Source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment