Welcome to The Movie Tree

Hello and welcome to The Movie Tree. Like most people, I am a big fan of movies. I, however, take movie watching to the extreme. In 2012 I watched 242 'new' movies (Yes, I track how many I watch). When I say new movies, I mean new to me. This number does not include the movies I watched for a second, or however many, time. You might be wondering how I was able to watch 242 'new' movies in 365 days. Well, I tend to watch movies in segments. I'll watch a little during lunch, a little more while working out, then finish it up during my early morning shift of feeding our baby boy. It's probably not the way the director intended me to watch it, but it allows me to watch more movies! I also have a wife that enjoys watching movies as well.

I am also big on rating movies. Usually I rate movies on sites such as IMBD and Film Affinity, but I will share those here as well. I rate movies based on a 1-10 scale ( you can see my translation of the scale on the Rating Tree). I'm not big on writing lengthy reviews, but I will from time to time. You will also see Top 10 lists, weekly recaps of the movies I watched, and my reactions to upcoming films and movie news. Feel free to agree or disagree with any post- I welcome the discussion. Enjoy!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Star Wars: Episode XII

Just over a week ago Disney announced J.J. Abrams will be directing Star Wars: Episode XII, which will likely be released in 2015. This is great news for Star Wars fans. Abrams has directed Super 8, Star Trek and the upcoming Star Trek Into Darkness; plus he produced Cloverfield. So the guy certainly knows his sci-fi. But I find this to be an odd choice. It is a little weird, in my opinion, that Disney has hired the same guy that brought the Star Trek series back to the big screen to continue the Star Wars saga. Isn't there supposed to be a rivalry between Trekkies/Trekkers (whatever they want to be called) and Star Wars fans? For those who have seen Fanboys (funny flick) know that some folks take that rivalry seriously. I wonder what these two groups think about this decision.

That being said, I have all the confidence in Abrams with the next Star Wars. Abrams' Star Trek is an awesome ride, and Star Trek Into Darkness is at the top of my most anticipated list for 2013. Plus he really only has to out-do Episodes I-III, which most will agree, don't compare to the original trilogy.


Source: JoBlo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment